st: RE: xtivreg2

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: xtivreg2
Date   Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:32:59 -0000

You can help yourself and others by reporting the results of

. which xtivreg2

on all pertinent machines.

Xiang Ao

It seems xtivreg2 does not support bw(auto) for automatic bandwidth.  I
am using Stata 11 MP under Linux.   I used it on a Windows machine, with

Stata 11, SE.  It works with bw(auto).  It's possible the Windows
machines has an older version of xtivreg2 on it.  Is there a reason for
xtivreg2 to stop supporting that?

The error says: "error - automatic bandwidth selection not supported by
invalid syntax".