RE: st: RE: Interpretation of quadratic terms

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Interpretation of quadratic terms
Date   Mon, 08 Mar 2010 19:12:43 -0500

At 06:57 PM 3/8/2010, Lachenbruch, Peter wrote:
A couple of posts noted a) using residuals after logit or logistic gives you Pearson residuals (obs-expected)/sqrt(var), b) after glm you get observed -expected (and get the two straight lines).

Check out the postestimation stuff for logit and glm and you'll see what I mean. Also, try this on the auto data - e.g. predicting foreign.

If you mean the 2 straight lines, I show this on p. 4 of

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu