Re: st: RE: Interpretation of quadratic terms

From   Rosie Chen <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Interpretation of quadratic terms
Date   Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:54:20 -0800 (PST)

Thank you all for the very helpful input and advice.
It seems that -glm- has a general approach. It would be great if I can find how to check residual after the -logit-syntax. Will dig further and see how it goes. Otherwise, will use the glm approach. Thank you again!

----- Original Message ----
From: Richard Williams <>
To: "" <>; "" <>
Sent: Mon, March 8, 2010 5:36:12 PM
Subject: RE: st: RE: Interpretation of quadratic terms

At 05:22 PM 3/8/2010, Martin Weiss wrote:

>" I think that is why you don't even get the usual resid = y
>- yhat as an option with the predict command after logit:"
>How about the ones available after -glm-?

-glm- has more of a one size fits all approach.  It doesn't have a
lot of the customizations you see when using the more specific
commands.  There was a thread a long time ago about how after -logit-
some residuals are computed  "adjusted for number sharing covariate
pattern" -- if that isn't the way you want to compute them you can
use -glm- instead.  But logit restricts you the way it does because
the options listed are the ones deemed more statistically sound.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu