Re: st: equality of distribution

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: equality of distribution
Date   Sat, 6 Mar 2010 09:31:27 -0600

That is probably a job for Kruskal-Wallis rather than Kolmogorov-Smirnov. If
your proportions in the age groups change between the two waves, then things
might be more complicated.

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 4:33 AM, Michael Ralph M. Abrigo

> Hi statalist!
> I have per capita data for single-year age groups from 0 to 80 years old
> available for a couple of years. Now, what I want is to test the hypothesis
> that the distribution of the per capita values by age group is the same for
> different years, i.e. the graph of the per capita values v. age for
> different years are the same.
> I am thinking of using the -ksmirnov- test, however I am not sure if that
> is
> the correct command to use given my data. Are there other tests to check if
> the distribution of my per capita values by single-year age group are the
> same?
> Regards
> Michael
> --
> "I am most anxious for liberties for our country... but I place as a prior
> condition the education of the people so that our country may have an
> individuality of its own and make itself worthy of liberties... " Jose
> Rizal,1896
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *