RE: st: Bug in STATA do-file editor?

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <Peter.Lachenbruch@oregonstate.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Bug in STATA do-file editor?
Date   Fri, 5 Mar 2010 09:00:39 -0800

I've sometimes had this problem - the issue has ALWAYS been that I've commented out some code with /* and forgotten to close it with */, so a bunch of the commands ain't executed.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Hua Peng
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 8:18 AM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: Bug in STATA do-file editor?

Morgan A. Marks <mmarks@jhsph.edu> reported a problem executing
some lines of code from the Do-file Editor:

 > So, I am running a rather long piece of STATA code using the do-file
 > editor in STATA 11 and I noticed that when I execute the entire code
 > either quietly or not quietly, some lines of my program don't seem to
 > be recognized by STATA and simply not run.
 >
 > I can go back and select the line of code and execute it and it runs
 > perfectly.
 >
 > Has anyone ever experienced this problem?
 >
 > Any help or thoughts would be most appreciated.

This is the first time we have heard of this problem. Morgan should contact
Stata technical support at <tech-support@stata.com> to get the problem
resolved. Please include the do file and indicate the lines which are
not being recognized by Stata. It will also be helpful for solving the
problem if Morgan would include the output of the -about- command in Stata.

--Hua
    hpeng@stata.com