st: how to choose the # for --set seed #--

From   Mandy fu <mandy.fu1@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: how to choose the # for --set seed #--
Date   Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:36:50 -0500

Dear all,

About the command --set seed # --, which is used set initial value of
random-number seed, I was wondering if the # is simply arbitrary or I
need to identify that initial value following some rule.

I would appreciate if you could give me some suggestion. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Mandy Fu