st: RE: Repeated time values within panel in levpet STATA output

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Repeated time values within panel in levpet STATA output
Date   Sun, 28 Feb 2010 17:08:22 -0000

Unfortunately I don't think the detailed trace helps much. Despite what
you say the indication is that you need to re-check your data.

How do I deal with a report of repeated time values within panel?

addresses the issue, including the element of denial that quite often
arises when users get such an error message.

Worku Gebeyehu

I am a PhD student doing my research on TFP of a panel of firms for the
period 1996 to 2007 and the total number of observations are 8395. I
have been trying to excute the following levpet command.
levpet lny , free(lnl2 lnirm lnlrm) proxy (lnpower) capital (lnk)
revenue justid grid i (eid) t (yr) reps (50)

However, I have been facing a problem of 'repeated time values within
panel'. I have not faced a similar problem while estimating the same
using FE, RE, OP, etc. I also tried to check the existence of
dublications of years or firm idenity numbers using the stata 'dublicate
report' command, I got a report of 'surplus=0'. Using set tr on, I found
the following report. Because I am unable to understand what it means
due to lack of knowldge in programming, I sent you with all the junk. I
am sorry for that. I am stuck and strongly need your support.