Re: st: test for clustering in instrumental variables settings

From   "Sergio I Prada" <sprada1@umbc.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: test for clustering in instrumental variables settings
Date   Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:28:46 -0500 (EST)

Stas, Mark, Austin
Thanks for an interesting discussion.
Austin: my treatment is hospitals designated as Level I according to the
American College of Surgeons, all other hospitals in the sample are coded
0. (The data comes from a study purposefully designed to study those
hospitals in comparison to similar hospitals)
Could you provide one or two references on the discussion about whether to
cluster or not (pros and cons)

Sergio