st: Fill

From   Tiago Fonseca <tiago.p.fonseca@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Fill
Date   Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:45:52 +0000

 Hi.

How can I solve this problem. I have a set of data like these:
Industry code
	Decile
	Year
1
	1
	1999
2
	6
	1999
4
	9
	1999
4
	.
	2001
2
	.
	2001
1
	.
	2001
2
	.
	2002

I have a industry code, the decile of the base year (1999) and I want to fill the decile in the remaining years. The solution will be like:
9
6
1
6

How to solve it for a large set of data?

Kind regards,
Tiago Fonseca