st: Calculate individual distance from other group members

From   Kartika Sari <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Calculate individual distance from other group members
Date   Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:22:26 +0100

Dear All,

In my data, I have  a distance matrix of  wards for each individual. I also
know in which ward they live. The problem is i want to calculate ward
distance from each individual to each of other members in a group. Say there
are 5 people in a group, so I need to calculate distance for 4 others for
each person. I am wondering whether there is any syntax for this.

The structure of data is something like this:

group_id individual_id ward dtoward1 dtoward2 dtoward3 dtoward4 dtoward5
distance1? distance2? distance3? distance4?
1 1 3 10 4 0 9 7
1 2 1 0 6 10 8 5
1 3 2 6 0 4 11 3
1 4 1 0 6 10 8 5