st: SV: RE: save table output as a matrix?

From   "Widerstedt Barbro" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: SV: RE: save table output as a matrix?
Date   Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:22:37 +0100

Thanks, that worked a treat. Problem solved!

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: genom Nick Cox
Skickat: ti 2010-02-23 14:56
Ämne: st: RE: save table output as a matrix?
Check out -tabstatmat- from SSC.

Widerstedt Barbro

I am sorry if this is a trivial question, but I have not found a
solution anywhere. I don't even seem to know how to phrase my search
query right for this one.

I need to save a table as a matrix and

.table variableName , c(stat1 var1)
will produce a table that i would like stored in a matrix. How do I do
this? Tab (or tabulate) will only save number of observations in a

.tabstat variableName, stats(count) save
Will store the results in N 1x1 matrices that I suppose I could
concatenate - but since the number of 1x1 matrices will vary this is not

I need it to workaround a command that does not allow by() , so I need
not just the actual statistic in the table, but the value of
variableName in the matrix as well