Re: st: Reading large data sets in Stata

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: Reading large data sets in Stata
Date   Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:20:27 -0600

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Martin Weiss <> wrote:

> " That's 13Gb of data, right?"
> Depends very much on the " Average width per variable", as seen in
> If they were all just binary vars, the dataset described by Jibonayan could
> be below 2G.

That's the best vs. the worst case scenario. Sure, one or two of the
variables must be identifiers, but you need long identifiers that take 4
bytes of width.

Stas Kolenikov, also found at