Re: st: RE: How do I execute the "intreg" command succcessfully?

From   Richard Williams <Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.edu>
To   "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>, "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: RE: How do I execute the "intreg" command succcessfully?
Date   Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:54:02 -0500

At 06:17 PM 2/17/2010, Martin Weiss wrote:

<>

The lower and upper bound must be part of your dataset for -intreg- to be
useful, just as you can see from the example at the bottom of -help intreg-.

***
webuse intregxmpl, clear
intreg wage1 wage2 age c.age#c.age nev_mar rural school tenure
***

Here, "wage1" and "wage2" are variables in the dataset, no need to create
them.

I think that is his problem though -- it looks like, in all of the examples Martin Ryan listed, the upper and lower bound variables were already part of the data set. He wants to know how to create those vars in the first place. My last couple of posts provide examples of that.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam