st: RE: Stata programming question

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: Stata programming question
Date   Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:15:59 -0800

I would also suggest being very careful in reporting any p-values.  You are doing 44 regressions - and if you have 10 predictors, you could have 440 tests - at least do a Bonferroni adjustment to temper your enthusiasm

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Data Analytics Corp.
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:17 PM
Subject: st: Stata programming question

I have a simple programming problem, and since I'm not familiar with
Stata programming I need some help.

I have to do 44 logit regressions and predictions where the only thing
that changes from regression to regression is the dependent variable.
Each regression uses a subset of the data.  At the end of each
regression, I predict the dependent variable for the remaining portion
of the data, saving the prediction as p_dependentVariableName.  I'd like
to create a loop where the dependent variable will change in each pass
through the loop and that variable name will be attached to p_ for the

How can I do this?  Any help is appreciated.

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.
Data Analytics Corp.
44 Hamilton Lane
Plainsboro, NJ 08536