st: width between ticks in a graph's axis

From   "Vitorino, Maria Ana" <>
Subject   st: width between ticks in a graph's axis
Date   Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:25:01 -0500

My apologies if this has been addressed at some other time but I was unable to find any references to it online...
My question is the following: I am doing a scatter plot and would like to impose that the scales of the x and the y axis are the same, for example, the width between "ticks" 6 and 7 in the y axis should be the same between "ticks"  2 and 3 on the x axis. Is there any way of imposing this?