st: RE: a job opportunity in firm that uses Stata

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: a job opportunity in firm that uses Stata
Date   Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:31:50 -0800

Do we have a policy on job ads on Statalist?  Some listservers don't allow this.  I'd be unhappy if I got 10 or 20 ads per day.  One every month isn't an issue.  And, of course, never forget the spam ads for various 'male enhancement' products.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tuomo Vuolteenaho
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:34 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: Recruiter Arrowstreet
Subject: st: a job opportunity in firm that uses Stata

Statalist - In case you're interested in a job opportunity in a shop
that relies on Stata, please see below.  Also, if you have a brilliant
student still looking for a job, he/she might be interested.

---

SSOCIATE, RESEARCH

COMPANY DESCRIPTION:

Arrowstreet Capital, L.P. is a Boston based firm that provides global
and international equity investment strategies to institutional
investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and
sub-advisors. The firm manages over $23 Billion and has relationships
with 55 clients located in North America, Europe, and Australia
(12/2009). Arrowstreet Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  For
more information, please visit us at www.arrowstreetcapital.com.

JOB DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS:

We're looking for a new junior member to join our research group.  Our
research group comes up with investment ideas, codifies those ideas to
signals, back tests the signals, and produces return and risk forecasts
based on the signals.  Responsibilities typically grow in line with
experience and abilities.

The ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree from a top educational
institution in a field that requires problem solving skills, such as
applied mathematics, economics, engineering, or computer science.  We
pay a lot of attention to your grades, your undergraduate thesis and/or
other research projects, and recommendations by your professors.
Experience with Stata 11, SQL Server 2005, and C# / .NET will be useful
but not strictly necessary.  Experience with and interest in financial
markets or asset management is a plus.

We offer interesting projects, competitive compensation, a collegial,
yet high achieving environment, team projects and a growing firm with
many future opportunities.

If you enjoy a hands-on, fast-paced environment that allows you to
become an integral part of our company, then you will find that
Arrowstreet will be a richly rewarding experience for you!

Qualified candidates should submit a resume to
[email protected].  Please include a cover letter
detailing your short, medium, and long-term career goals as well as your
salary requirements.  No telephone calls please.

This email message and its attachments are being sent by
Arrowstreet Capital, Limited Partnership and are
confidential and  proprietary. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this
message and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments. Thank you.