st: RE: RE: a job opportunity in firm that uses Stata

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: a job opportunity in firm that uses Stata
Date   Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:38:42 -0000

We do have a policy. The tacit reference to posts referring to "a job or
paid consultancy" within

shows that such posts are allowed. Even without such a reference, they
are certainly not

My own impression is that the number of such posts is very small and not
a nuisance to anybody, far less for example currently than the number of
repeated posts, posts with attachments, or posts in or with HTML or
similar e-gunk. In fact, it can be interesting to see which posts are
available even if one is not currently looking for a move.

I think many people would agree with Tony that we should revisit this
policy if there were 10 or 20 ads daily.

Lachenbruch, Peter [Tony]

Do we have a policy on job ads on Statalist?  Some listservers don't
allow this.  I'd be unhappy if I got 10 or 20 ads per day.  One every
month isn't an issue.