RE: st: xtmelogit - a very strange treatment of different levels

From   "Cohen, Elan" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: xtmelogit - a very strange treatment of different levels
Date   Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:33:34 -0500

Note that the order of the specification of random effects in -xtmelogit- is "opposite" of that in -gllamm-.  I believe, in this case,  you want:

xi: xtmelogit depvar indepvars || householdID: || personID:

This would also explain why you're getting the same number of units on both levels.

HTH,

- Elan