st: Help on DIGDIS Syntax

From   Scott Graham <>
Subject   st: Help on DIGDIS Syntax
Date   Sun, 14 Feb 2010 09:00:40 -0400

I am using Stata 9.2 Intercooled.  I am trying to use the DIGDIS ado from

The data set has the following variables:

licenceid (Licence number of a fisherman)
totalkgs (the weight of the fish landed by the fisherman)

I am trying to get the Benford distribution of the first digits of the
variable totalkgs, and have that result saved into a new variable.

The way that I am structuring the syntax is:

digdis totalkgs, by(licenceid), generate(b1)

My understanding is that I have to specify one "newvar" for each input
variable.  I am new to Stata and I am not sure i have the syntax correct.

Any thoughts?  Thanks,