st: AW: Help on DIGDIS Syntax

Subject   st: AW: Help on DIGDIS Syntax
Date   Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:58:03 +0100

<>

That second comma in your syntax may come back to haunt you... Play around with the example in the help file to see what works and what doesn`t:

*************
sysuse auto, clear
digdis price, by(rep) gen(myvar) pos(2)
digdis price, by(rep) ,gen(myvar) pos(2)
*************

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Scott Graham
Gesendet: Sonntag, 14. Februar 2010 14:01
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Help on DIGDIS Syntax

Hello:

I am using Stata 9.2 Intercooled.  I am trying to use the DIGDIS ado from
http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s456853.html.

The data set has the following variables:

licenceid (Licence number of a fisherman)
totalkgs (the weight of the fish landed by the fisherman)

I am trying to get the Benford distribution of the first digits of the
variable totalkgs, and have that result saved into a new variable.

The way that I am structuring the syntax is:

digdis totalkgs, by(licenceid), generate(b1)

My understanding is that I have to specify one "newvar" for each input
variable.  I am new to Stata and I am not sure i have the syntax correct.

Any thoughts?  Thanks,

Scott