R: st: RE: ivreg versus xtivreg

From   sara borelli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   R: st: RE: ivreg versus xtivreg
Date   Fri, 12 Feb 2010 07:58:10 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Mark,
I am sorry I did not understand your answer...and I think it is because I I made a typo in writing the command and I did not explain myself clearly. I do NOT include  i.county  in xtivreg2. So I reformulate my question:

xtivreg2  CRit  (Xit=Wit)  Zit   (state by year fixed effects),
fe i(county), cluster(county)

gives the error message " estimated covariance matrix of moment
conditions not of full rank; overidentification statistic not reported, and standard errors and  model tests should be interpreted with
caution. Possible causes:  singleton dummy variable (dummy
with one 1 and N-1 0s or vice versa) fwl option may address problem"

but the same command xtivreg2 without state by year effects:
xtivreg2  CRit  (Xit=Wit)  Zit, fe i(county), cluster(county)
 does NOT report the above error message

I do not uderstand why the inclusion of state by year fe caused that error message

thank you
sara