RE: st: weighted boxplot ?

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: weighted boxplot ?
Date   Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:09:53 -0000

Stata included scope for this in its old graphics.

. sort rep78

. graph7 mpg, box by(rep78) vwidth

Thanks to Maarten for his -stripplot- example. This doesn't vary box sizes, meaning widths, but does make it evident that different groups have different numbers of values.

There are no plans to include varying box widths in -stripplot-.

Maarten buis

What about this example from Nick Cox's -stripplot-? You
can download -stripplot- by typing in Stata
-ssc install stripplot-.

sysuse auto, clear
stripplot mpg, over(rep78) box(bfcolor(black) blcolor(white) ///
                barw(0.2))  boffset(-0.2) stack h(0.5)