st: weighted boxplot ?

From   Jeph Herrin <>
Subject   st: weighted boxplot ?
Date   Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:16:49 -0500

For an analysis comparing two groups of hospitals I have
generated some nice box plots

 graph box yvar, over(group) ...

One concerning issue is that the two groups identified
by -group- are highly imbalanced - something like 4000
vs 50. Thus my co-author writes: "I think the boxplots
should be drawn to reflect the actual number of hospitals
as they are misleading right now. Typically such an option

However, I cannot figure out a way to do this with -graph
box-. Am I missing something, or is there another graph
type out there that will do the trick? I do not doubt my
coauthor's assertion that other statistical packages perform
this trick.