Re: st: re: SSC Activity, November 2009

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: re: SSC Activity, November 2009
Date   Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:24:28 +0000

Well put Nick.

I'm completely perplexed as to why Roy is bothered by any of this.

If Kit didn't publish the activity he'd have nothing to write about.

However I found it ironically amusing that statistics on Stata program
downloads were done in Excel!

"The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data." ~ John Tukey (1986), "Sunset salvo". The American
Statistician 40(1).

Email -
Website -
Photos -