Re: st: Calculating area under a curve

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Calculating area under a curve
Date   Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:28:30 -0500

Padamakumar,
   Do you know whether the area under the curve is defined by a closed
form integral?  If so, you might consider the integrate command.  If not
you could try some version of rejection sampling or importance sampling
to accomplish it.  I don't think that Stata has any of those programs
yet, but you could write your own if you really need to do this.
    Regards,
               Bob

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor