st: Compare ivreg coefficients across models

From   Bart Vanneste <>
Subject   st: Compare ivreg coefficients across models
Date   Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:09:29 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

I have two instrumental variable regression estimated on two partially overlapping samples. I'd like to statistically compare a coefficient of model 1 with a coefficient of model 2. When I use suest to construct a common variance-covariance matrix, I get the following error message:
(ivregress): ivregress is not supported by suest
(ivreg2): unable to generate scores for model modelone suest requires that predict allow the score option r(322);

What should I do to compare two coefficients across iv models?

Earlier discussion of the same issue did not resolve the problem:

Any help is greatly appreciated,