AW: AW: st: RE: Overid error

Subject   AW: AW: st: RE: Overid error
Date   Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:19:10 +0100

<>

One of the explanations for weird behavior only in relation to -ivtobit,
twostep- could be that the -e(depvar)- return value in Stata 11 contains two
variables while it used to contain only one in Stata 10.1. The manual for
Stata 11 still describes the -e(depvar)- as "name of dependent variable" (no
plural there), so clearly no change was intended. This issue does not seem
to affect the -mle- estimator. Running the code below in Stata 11 and Stata
10.1 shows this behavior clearly.

*************
sysuse auto, clear

ivtobit gear_ratio displacement /*
*/ (mpg=length weight turn) [fw=rep78], /*
*/ twostep ll(2.2)

di in r "`e(depvar)'"

Let`s hope I have not overlooked something obvious, but this could easily
explain why -overid- chokes only on this particular command.

HTH
Martin