Re: st: re: TeX template for PDF help files

From   "Airey, David C" <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: re: TeX template for PDF help files
Date   Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:08:04 -0600

.

Phil wrote:

> A markup language like reStructuredText (which I mentioned in a previous post) has a learning curve that is less steep than that for LaTeX (or so I would argue).

It seems like the list of starting points for writing help files is growing. Everyone does not use the same tools for document creation, obviously. Regardless of the merits reStructuredText (looks good, thanks for point it out) I think SMCL is useful to end-users as a final common output. So it seems the idea of translators to SMCL from various favorite document creation tools (Word, ODF, LateX, ReStructuredText) is most helpful.