Re: AW: st: Multicollinearity: VIF vs. variance decomposition

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: AW: st: Multicollinearity: VIF vs. variance decomposition
Date   Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:05:19 +0100

Hi Lucas:

Seems like you have a relatively large sample; however, those "some" that are significant, are they the substantively important ones? Are some of the substantively important not significant? If it is the latter then multicollinearity might be a problem (in which case I would create indexes of the variables are correlate strongly, if it is substantively and theoretically defensible to do so).

HTH,
John.

Prof. John Antonakis
Associate Dean Faculty of Business and Economics
University of Lausanne
Internef #618
CH-1015 Lausanne-Dorigny
Switzerland