st: AW: RE: AW: -margins- vs -adjust-

Subject   st: AW: RE: AW: -margins- vs -adjust-
Date   Wed, 4 Nov 2009 18:13:56 +0100

<>

The initial claim was that "...with -margins- there seems to be no option to
find marginal effects for independent variables that are not i.vars.", so it
clearly does not matter whether it is dichotomous or not. All that is needed
is an "i." in front of the thing during estimation. Still, -smoke- is
dichotomous, so this also works perfectly:

webuse lbw, clear

logit low age lwt race i.smoke ptl ht ui
margins, dydx(*)

logit low age lwt race smoke ptl ht ui
margins, dydx(*)

HTH