st: RE: RE: AW: -margins- vs -adjust-

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: AW: -margins- vs -adjust-
Date   Wed, 4 Nov 2009 09:02:41 -0800

If one puts in "if race<3" you get the same model and the margin,dydx(*) command gives the same results.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Lachenbruch, Peter
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 8:59 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: AW: -margins- vs -adjust-

I tried this and it also worked, but race is not dichotomous.  Also, the models are estimating different things.  Has the question been answered?

. tab race

       race |      Freq.     Percent        Cum.
      white |         96       50.79       50.79
      black |         26       13.76       64.55
      other |         67       35.45      100.00
      Total |        189      100.00