st: RE: AW: -graph combine- question

From   "G Livesey" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: AW: -graph combine- question
Date   Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:59:30 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

Kieran's question is a good one. Martine's answer may solve Kieran's current
problem, though only partially answers the question.

"ensure that the LENGTH of the x-axis is the same"

I have no easy solution  to do this and ask how to do this when the graphs
to combine do not have

A) a common x-axis or
B) perhaps (I did not try this) span different ranges of a common axis or
C) carry different axis-titles (e.g. some with and some without such
titles), which can affect the proportion of space given to the graph and
axis/margins and so length of the axis.

A more comprehensive solution than -common axis- would be welcome though I
have not found one myself, and like Kieran have in the past had to play
about a lot to get what I want.

Does a solution exist? Can one be created?

With much appreciation and many thanks,

Geoff. Livesey