Re: st: RE: AW: -graph combine- question

From   Nick Winter <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: AW: -graph combine- question
Date   Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:28:48 -0400

Indeed, I have struggled with this as well. The not-perfect solution I usually use is to force Stata to include the space that the titles *would* take up in each graph, so the x-axis ends up the same size in all of them. This can be done by setting the color of the title to "scheme background":

. gr twoway scatter mpg price, ytitle("Hello" "world") name(one)

. gr twoway scatter mpg price, ytitle("Hello" "world", color("scheme background")) name(two)

. gr combine one two

And then fiddle with the -imargin- option to -graph combine- to get them closer together if desired.