st: stcrreg and basecif

From   Hugh Robinson <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: stcrreg and basecif
Date   Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:47:00 -0600

I would like to use stcrreg's postestimation predict,basecif to calculate an annual probability of an event across several subjects.
At this point I'm not interested in any covariates but have approximately 5 competing risks.  My subjects are followed across several years, but at this point the data consists of a single row per subject.  Is the only way to stsplit my data, (i.e. divide each subject's record into a number of rows each representing a single year) in order to calculate an annual CIF?
My first attempt, without splitting the data, resulted in a number I'm not really sure I can interpret.

Hugh S Robinson Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher
Montana Cooperative Wildlife
Research Unit