st: curvilinearity with moderator

From   P K <>
Subject   st: curvilinearity with moderator
Date   Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:56:18 +0000 (GMT)

I am trying to examine the moderating effects on a curvilinear relation between variable A and B in a multiple regression,

A ->B : positive coeff.
A^2 ->B : negative coefficient

I want to examine whether introducing variable C shifts the whole distribution of A to the right.

Variable A and B are continuous
Variable C is categorical.

For examing such a moderating role of variable C, I think that only the interaction of AxC   has to be significant and positive - is that right?

Or does the interaction betwen A^2 xC also has to be significant (in that case, this would imply that the distribution of A is not only shifted to the right, but also that the shape of the distribution has changed, correct?)

Any advice is appreciated.