st: RE: lost dta-file after contract command

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: lost dta-file after contract command
Date   Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:57:05 +0200

If Stata did not complain when you were about to close it, then there were
no changes to -save- to the file, so you should not have lost anything.
Stata is extremely careful with these things, but still: Try to reproduce
the error and contact Stata tech support if you succeed. -contract- and
-expand- should have nothing to do with whatever it was that went wrong...

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Ursula Dallinger
Sent: Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2009 19:47
Subject: st: lost dta-file after contract command

I tried the command contract, wasn't succesfull with expand, than
closed Stata completely and assumed that I can open my original
dta-file agan. However, there wa sonly a version of yesterday. All my
changes of today's session which I saved several times , where gone.
What happened, and how can I get the toadys data-file.?

Best Ursula Dallinger

Prof. Dr. Ursula Dallinger
Soziologie/ Sozialpolitik
Sprecherin der Abteilung Soziologie