st: lost dta-file after contract command

From   Ursula Dallinger <>
Subject   st: lost dta-file after contract command
Date   Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:47:02 +0200

I tried the command contract, wasn't succesfull with expand, than closed Stata completely and assumed that I can open my original dta-file agan. However, there wa sonly a version of yesterday. All my changes of today's session which I saved several times , where gone. What happened, and how can I get the toadys data-file.?

Best Ursula Dallinger

Prof. Dr. Ursula Dallinger
Soziologie/ Sozialpolitik
Sprecherin der Abteilung Soziologie