Re: st: how to access e(b) and e(V)

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to access e(b) and e(V)
Date   Tue, 20 Oct 2009 02:41:38 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 20/10/09, [email protected] wrote:
> I would like to export the coefficient matrix and the
> variance covariance matrix into excel to do some
> calculations-i need very exact values, so i can't use the
> output. Where does Stata store these matrices and how can I
> access them?

With any transfer between programs you are going to loose
some reproducability of your analysis. In this case, where
you want to manipulate a matrix, there is no good reason
for moving away from Stata. So, tell us what you want to
do, and we will tell you how to do it in Stata.

Having said that, the matrices e(b) and e(V) are stored in
working memory, so if you want to access them in another
program you will have to store them. You can use programs
like : Michael Blasnik's and Ben Jann's -mat2txt- for that.
To install that type in Stata -ssc install mat2txt-.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie