st: RE: about the missing values

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: about the missing values
Date   Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:20:50 +0200

You are not saying that your data are already in Stata and represented by
empty boxes, are you?

Note that there are extended missing values as well, as in [U], p. 118, but
an empty box in a Stata dataset just does not happen...

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of amatoallah ouchen
Sent: Samstag, 17. Oktober 2009 17:13
Subject: st: about the missing values

Good Day stata-listers

I was wondering if you could help me figure something out related to
the missing values, I'knonw that  Stata represents missing values with
a "." but for my case many of my missing observations are represented
by  simple empty boxes, and nothing on them, I would like to fill them
with "0" or even that "."  for further manipulations, I would like
also to knonw what had push stata to treat those missing values that
Any help would be highly appreciated!!!
Many thanks in Advance