Re: st: RE: about the missing values

From   amatoallah ouchen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: about the missing values
Date   Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:34:35 +0200

Professor Martin, thanks a lot for your quick answer,

in fact I've used stata transfer to transfer a data set from an excel
spreed sheet to  a stata format,

the format of my  missing values on the  excel spreed sheet  are #N/A.

When I've transformed them to stata, sometimes I'get the "." and
others just   complet empty boxes.

perhaps the problems in on the format of the variables, when I'm
getting the "." the format is byte but  the problem appears when the
format is string

any hints?

thanks a lot in advance.