st: about the missing values

From   amatoallah ouchen <>
Subject   st: about the missing values
Date   Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:13:13 +0200

Good Day stata-listers

I was wondering if you could help me figure something out related to
the missing values, I'knonw that  Stata represents missing values with
a "." but for my case many of my missing observations are represented
by  simple empty boxes, and nothing on them, I would like to fill them
with "0" or even that "."  for further manipulations, I would like
also to knonw what had push stata to treat those missing values that
Any help would be highly appreciated!!!
Many thanks in Advance