st: RE: Follow Up on LTABLE

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Follow Up on LTABLE
Date   Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:11:01 -0700

Would the foreach command be helpful here?

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Johannes
Schoder
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 8:21 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Follow Up on LTABLE

I am estimating the lifetables for a certain group, e.g. people
diagnosed with cancer type i living in county c in year t ;
This can be done by:

ltable time_in_months, by (i c t)
However  Stata tells me:
"by():  too many variables specified"
It only works out when I include just one variable in the brackets of
the by command.
Does anyone know a solution for this problem?
Thanks a lot!!
Johannes

Thanks Paul.
I will calculate the life tables for a certain group with ltable;
However, how can I tell Stata to calculate life tables for a certain
group? In my example it would be the survival function for people
diagnosed with cancer type i living in county c. Is there any by command

or similar in Stata?

Thanks a lot!
Best,
Johannes