st: Follow Up on LTABLE

From   Johannes Schoder <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Follow Up on LTABLE
Date   Thu, 03 Sep 2009 11:20:47 -0400

I am estimating the lifetables for a certain group, e.g. people diagnosed with cancer type i living in county c in year t ;
This can be done by:

ltable time_in_months, by (i c t)
However  Stata tells me:
"by():  too many variables specified"
It only works out when I include just one variable in the brackets of the by command.
Does anyone know a solution for this problem?
Thanks a lot!!
Johannes

Thanks Paul.
I will calculate the life tables for a certain group with ltable;
However, how can I tell Stata to calculate life tables for a certain group? In my example it would be the survival function for people diagnosed with cancer type i living in county c. Is there any by command or similar in Stata?

Thanks a lot!
Best,
Johannes

E. Paul Wileyto schrieb:
There is not complete overlap, but look up help for survival analysis on

st
sts test
stcox
streg

and for generalized linear models and GEE in

xt
xtgee
glm

There are many commands in many flavors in xt.

Johannes Schoder wrote:
Dear all,

Does anyone know the equivalent command of SAS of PROCLIFEREG, PROC LIFETEST, and PROC GENMOD for STATA?
Thanks a lot!!
Johannes