AW: st: AW: egen cut(runiform()) inconsistent across versions 10 and 11?

Subject   AW: st: AW: egen cut(runiform()) inconsistent across versions 10 and 11?
Date   Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:18:51 +0200

<>

I have argued in favor of more prominence of the issue in the FAQ section before, without success. Still, if you made this one more prominent, something else would slide down in importance, and problems would crop up there more frequently...

What could be done, though, is adding advice for the most frequently used mail providers and programs on how to make sure the post is text-only. It took me quite some time back in the day to figure it out in Outlook...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von László Sándor
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. August 2009 19:06
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: st: AW: egen cut(runiform()) inconsistent across versions 10 and 11?

You can send out plain text emails simply by one click, the rightmost
element on the formatting bar in GMail. However, it wasn't clear to me
after signing up or reading the FAQ that Statalist accepts only plain
text emails, and doesn't even send out error messages if you (or
GMail) tried to send it an HTML email.