st: survival analysis

From   Tina Hernandez-Boussard <>
Subject   st: survival analysis
Date   Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:56:14 -0700

Hi All,

I am having problems viewing the graph I want using stset.

I have a dataset that contains 398 patients with 58 failures

I have the following variables:

followupTime TimetoEvent ID

I have set things up as such (1 row per patient):

stset followupTime , failure(TimetoEvent )

         failure _d:  TimetoEvent
   analysis time _t:  followupTime

I have tried to make TimetoEvent a dummy variable, with 0/1 instead of time of event.

However, when I get the graphs, I have everyone with an event. I should only have 58 events. Can someone please help on what I have done wrong with the setup?