st: RE: RE: survival data analysis- recode survival time variable

From   Garry Anderson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: RE: survival data analysis- recode survival time variable
Date   Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:36:05 +1000

Maybe it is time to consider making Efron's method the default method.
Cleves et al (2008) say on page 151 with respect to Efron's method "This
approximation is more accurate than Breslow's approximation but takes
longer to calculate." With today's computing power this difference in
calculation time between the two methods may be very small. I would
prefer a more accurate approximation by default.

Cleves M et al (2008) "An Introduction to Survival Analysis Using Stata"
2nd Ed. Stata Press, TX.

Regrads, Garry
Garry Anderson
School of Veterinary Science