Re: st: no Stata 11 icons in XP

Subject   Re: st: no Stata 11 icons in XP
Date   Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:14:16 -0400

Dear Jeph,

I have Stata icons on an XP machine working fine. I suggest trying the
following:
1) as I understand the icon is from Wordpad. Does Wordpad also open
the file? Or is Stata launched when you double-click the file?
2) can you change the program that opens the file?
3) can you register another type (e.g. 123) with a Stata icon?
4) Do you observe similar things with other file types?
5) Is there any program that monitors registry and restores the
settings? (watch-dog kind of a program).
6) Save this as a Stata.reg file and double-click to import to
registry. Before importing, change path to Stata's binary as
appropriate. See if do-files are fixed.
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.do]
@="Stata11Do"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Stata11Do]
@="Stata Do-file"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Stata11Do\DefaultIcon]
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Stata11\\StataMP-64.exe\",3"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Stata11Do\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Stata11Do\shell\Edit]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Stata11Do\shell\Edit\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Stata11\\StataMP-64.exe\" doedit \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Stata11Do\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Stata11Do\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Stata11\\StataMP-64.exe\" \"%1\""

Best regards, Sergiy Radyakin