st: AW: Standard normal Depvar

Subject   st: AW: Standard normal Depvar
Date   Wed, 5 Aug 2009 23:32:56 +0200

<>

How do you know that your dependent is normal? Does theory tell you, or have
you tested for it? If you are short of ideas for transforms, the following
code will give you plenty, conveniently assembled. Squaring the thing would
make the result positive for sure...

*************
sysuse auto, clear
ladder pr
*************

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Evans Jadotte
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. August 2009 20:22
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Standard normal Depvar

Hello statalisters,

I am trying to run a regression where the dependent variable has a
standard normal distribution (those of you familiar with the "wealth
index based on the PCA analysis", this is my Depvar).  However, I need
to have the  prediction  to be all positive to use for transforming. How
can I transform  the Depvar in order  to force  xb^ to take on positive
values?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Evans