st: Standard normal Depvar

From   Evans Jadotte <>
Subject   st: Standard normal Depvar
Date   Wed, 05 Aug 2009 20:22:08 +0200

Hello statalisters,

I am trying to run a regression where the dependent variable has a standard normal distribution (those of you familiar with the "wealth index based on the PCA analysis", this is my Depvar). However, I need to have the prediction to be all positive to use for transforming. How can I transform the Depvar in order to force xb^ to take on positive values?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,