Re: st: Cluster-robust estimate of the VCE, GMM, Mata

Subject   Re: st: Cluster-robust estimate of the VCE, GMM, Mata
Date   Sun, 2 Aug 2009 22:28:37 -0500

Of course I don't know in details of what's going on. The fact that
Mata could not compute the sandwich estimator is troublesome, to say
the least. If anything, this is probably due to bad Hessian -- pull
that out, see what it looks like. You need it as the "bread" part of
the sandwich, anyway, so when you return to Stata, you need to
-ereturn post- it (for later handling by -_robust-). You also need to
figure out the dimensions of the score matrix -- looks like your
`score_vars' local is empty, but you need to feel it with as many
variables as you have parameters to be estimated.

As I replied privately, if you have the funds, you should upgrade to
Stata 11 and run the official -gmm-. David Drukker gave an example of
Poisson regression in his talk last week, and I am pretty sure it is
out there in the manual, too.